If you are in need of braces, don’t worry! Braces are no longer something to be afraid of, as there are many different styles to choose from. In fact, you may even be able to pick out the color of your braces. Not only are they more stylish than they used to be, but they are also more comfortable, so it can be easy to achieve the smile of your dreams!
The length of your individual treatment will vary depending on the following factors:
- Early Treatment: When you have baby teeth still present in your mouth, early orthodontic treatments take place. While not every person receives this form of treatment, it can affect how long you will need to wear braces.
- The Amount of Change Needed: The type of treatment required will determine the amount of time that it will take to correct a dental issue. Each individual will respond differently to treatment, so the length of treatment may vary.
- Your Dedication: Your cooperation and willingness to follow our orthodontic recommendations will play a big part in how long your treatment will take. It is very important to properly take care of your braces and appliances to shorten your treatment time for a beautiful smile.
There is a selection of types and styles of braces to choose from. Some of the most popular options include:
- Invisible braces (Invisalign): These discrete braces are completely clear, so people may not even be able to tell you are wearing them. They involve the use of aligners which are switched out every couple of weeks until the teeth are in their desired position.
- Traditional metal braces: With these braces, metal brackets are attached to the front of each tooth, which are connected by a thin wire. This wire is connected to the brackets with small rubber bands that are changed out. The braces will slowly push the teeth into the desired location over time.
- Ceramic braces: These braces work the same way that metal braces do. However, they are made from a transparent and clear ceramic type or material instead of metal, so they are less noticeable.
- What Can I Eat While Wearing Braces?
When wearing braces, there may be certain foods that you can and cannot eat. We understand that this may be difficult, however, it is important to know that eating certain foods may damage your braces, leading to issues with treatment. Here is a list of foods that you should and should not eat when wearing braces:
- Sticky foods like nuts and candies.
- Hard foods such as caramel and gum.
- Chewy foods such as bagels or licorice.
- Crunchy foods like ice or popcorn.
- Foods that require large bites, such as apples or corn on the cob.
- Soft veggies like mashed potatoes.
- Soft breads such as muffins or pancakes.
- Dairy products like cheese, puddings, and milk-based drinks.
- Seafood such as tuna and salmon.
- Fruits like bananas and applesauce.
- Meat and poultry like cooked chicken and meatballs.
- Treats that do not contain nuts, such as soft cakes, milkshakes, and gelatin.
If you are interested in learning more about braces for teens to improve your smile, give our office a call today to schedule your initial consultation! We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. SquareSmiles is 8 miles from Weymouth and 5 miles from Braintree.
“They were all so friendly and made the whole experience comfortable! Also very clean!”
“If I could give them 11 stars, I would every trip. I love them!!”